Saturday, July 12, 2008

Yet another Friday


Yet another Friday, a long awaited one though. One obviously misses being in water in the summer that is so adamant to waste some life out of the earth. The day was so desperately missed from last Saturday. On Fridays we these days sneak out of our office little early and head straight to the club to have a good swim. I don’t know swimming though but it seems I am in the right track. Subash sir was equally heated for this day. I went office in informal dress as if I were on a trekking. The worn out trousers with big pockets and a vest with huge collar looked a good choice. Who cares for formality in government offices. I can even go in a Bermuda with a noisy ‘chappal’. I usually stay away from formal outfit but my father says I have to be formal being an officer. I am in jeans, vests with a North-Face bag hanging in my bag. Because I am short and chubby, my colleagues say I look like a school boy.
I was all kicked when I left for office but for unknown reasons my enthusiasm died out like the air gushes out of a balloon when its end opens. I know I am moody. I try to think why these sorts of things do happen to me but that must be some kind of ‘chemical locha’ in the brain and unfortunately I am already twisted. The day turned out to be the major let down. When I went to Subash sir’s cubicle he yelled you unlucky monkey every time since we started to go for swimming Fridays are gloomier. It was so hot yesterday and see what your ugly luck has done, it will rain anytime.
I retaliated with a punch in his belly cursing him for being the real misfortune. You were born when the god mistakenly dropped a whole packet of chilly powder in his dick and he poured all his frustrations in you. You are a bane in my life, why didn’t you drown last Friday. That goes on between us.
I really wished we didn’t have to go but he was already exhilarated especially after seeing the fuming hot girls last time. I couldn’t ask him to cancel the plan as I knew how much he wanted to be at the pool so we left office an hour earlier. Before we could reach the pool the sky started sprinkling the holy water to the earth. We again cursed each other luckily I gathered some energy and the thought of getting into the water thrilled me once again. Before it could die, I changed fast and soon ran into the pool. i do not dive because I can’t. Last Subash sir and other friends instigated me to dive and I as a fool dived into the water and almost burst my chest. I had spasms for more than five minutes. So no diving for me until I know how to swim. Thrilled by the feel of water I at once started to swim (splashing water with foot) but retarded citing twists in the intestine. It was painful and I knew I was hungry. I stayed there in water for a while and then fought back. It was worst, last time I could at least cross the pool in one breath and could float on the water but this week I had forgotten everything. Hell, swimming is not remembering the multiplication table, how can I forget it. It pissed me off more. The nature plotted against me and the sun went into hiding. After wasting some energy I tried to spit out the negativity and started fresh. Soon it brought results, I was doing like last week and this time I was also moving hand. I realized moving hand squeezes more energy. Despite many attempts to get my head out of the water to gasp, I couldn’t and could not cross the pool.
Tired, exhausted and pissed off we retired soon. I have not given up there is a long way to go.

No comments: