Monday, July 7, 2008

Is title necessary all the time



The rain outside is complemented by the soothing music that is playing on my laptop. I can hear the drops of water playfully making sounds splashing the stream of water they have formed themselves. The fan is rotating monotonously from left to right and vice versa. The squirrel in my desktop is still looking downward without the blink of eyes. I downloaded it from national geographic site. I had downloaded it on the desktop but it looked so good that I had it as wallpaper in my cell and then in my laptop. In the background I am also downloading a song, I know downloading for free is illegal but the urge to listen that song is much more than consideration of legal issues.
Actually I have to do some research one for my own purpose and one for office. I want to learn how to make a site capable of feeding RSS and the other is to do a small work on SMPP. No pain, learning new things is always a great experience. It keeps one young. Learning can be a real pain when you have no interest on the subject you are supposed to learn. I have completed the first, RSS one, in just half an hour or even less and I have downloaded some stuffs for second one. Actually the second one is an SMS related protocol (Short Message Peer to Peer Protocol), which we need to implement when providing SMS services to our customers. We had meeting for the same thing early in the morning. No one has asked me to do any research so its all my thing.

There were Japanese students all over the road in green vests. They had a tagged which said volunteer in bold letters. They were carrying a box of mangos and I have no idea what will they do with it, so let me assume they will eat them, who knows they will play holi with it. When I was a kid I thought all Japanese and Chinese people looked same. They are too fair as if one doesn’t need a bulb when there is no light if you have Japanese people around. They are always smiling and I believed this is their normal look. Most of the time they looked like dolls stocked in toys’ shop and if one moves with key they will bend in courtesy, slowly they’ll rise and smile and back to previous posture. Nepalese people have great likings for Japanese possibly because the Japanese have funded many projects. In fact Nepalese like each and every foreigner unless they are black. When we were kid every foreigner was an American, w never bothered America was just a country among hundreds of others.
Japanese students frequently visit Nepal and sometime they collect funds to build school in Nepal. What a pity, a part of the Tiffin money a Japanese child can save in a year can build a school in our poor country. Most of them come, prepare their project and forget. I do the same thing, I do not remember most of the projects I have been involved in my college forget the school things. Why should we assume they think because they produce robots and because they are rich? Being rich is no crime and because they are rich we can’t hold them responsible for our poverty. Ok communist brought majority in the constituent assembly so what, it does not mean we should hate those who live in prosperity.
While ambling around Thamel, I have come across so many Japanese and other tourists. The street children who can smell foreigner even without seeing them (I think I can do that as well) gather around them appearing weak and begging alms. I have observed Japanese rarely offer alms. The same Japanese who have contributed so much to our country do not throw few rupees to the beggars. I respect them for that, they know the value of money and each of their pennies is hard earned. My cousin who is in Japan says how laborious Japanese are; she says they work more than machine. The secret of prosperity cannot be anything other than hard work.
While I seek fun and entertainment separate from work, probably they find it in what they do. They look so content and that could be the reason of their never fading smile.

No comments: