Friday, July 4, 2008

Titleless


Among many things I hate to do, one is doing things for others though I am not convinced about doing it. I like coming to office early in the morning rather than in the normal time because the roads are more peaceful and there is hardly any struggle to find a public transport. The air is cool and no horns to blow my head. But then I contradict with myself, I hate coming to office early when I really don’t want to and I never want to come to office early. Now what is that? I am less excited about coming to office early unless I am already on the road to office. There is no disturbance in the cubicle as the whole department will be empty, no phone rings, no shouting, no unexpected calls for meetings, no drifts in work. In fact more engaging than at home where I cannot stay aloof and is supposed to give opinions and show interest on things on which I am least bothered. The maid at my aunt is three months pregnant and she is hardly seventeen, why would I be interested I have no role in her getting pregnant. I don’t even remember her face, yet have to react at least with ‘oh’ , if it can be complemented with a gape than that’s even better. Sarita’s friend got a mobile on road and unless I say something she will keep hammering the news into my already troubled brain. My neighbor’s distant relative recovered from some ill fated disease thanks to yoga, now should I send her a bouquet. Always there are more useless stuffs than useful ones and yet one cannot appear indifferent.
So now I am quietly seated in my cubicle in a sweltering morning. The sun tried its best to squeeze me to my last drops when I was on the road. The servers are down, I have to wake them up and worse of all that’s none of my work. But I can’t ignore the request of a friend who wants to test the connectivity from some another location. Visit to the server room has been more frequent these days because to be in the AC environment. There is a fan in the cubicle, more than coolness it brings headache. I feel too hot and the knob of the fan is moved to its maximum position and in few moments it becomes unbearably cool and the knob is readjusted. Now depending on the weather the knob has to be moved back to its maximum position or brought down. Adjustments need to be made in not more than fifteen minutes. Yuck what a boring life. Why couldn’t we have digital fan if AC wasn’t affordable. Even if it were analog why don’t it has a remote control?
Thanks to the internet that it has alleviated the pain in lying idle in the office throughout the day. There are blogs and I don’t understand how come people can write so beautifully even when there is nothing like content in their posts. Look at the way they describe boredom, how they contemplate on life and how beautifully they choose words. Even their drinking coffee sounds so interesting. Its so fun to read their posts, arousing to read their appeals, and quite thought provoking to read their issues. The world has so many thoughtful people. I don’t know if its always a coincidence that I land into indian’s blogs but coincidence is no coincidence if it occurs frequently. I start sometime with blogs of people in Europe and other parts of the world but ultimately its Indian’s blog that are good read. I can guess the reasons. That’s the similarity in our life style, believe it or not we are always following them, in politics, in society and in other things. The air we breathe has the same origin due to the close proximity. More or less our expectations from life are similar, our work environment is similar and so are our instincts.
Anyways let me enjoy reading.

No comments: