Friday, July 25, 2008

Itching my brain


Tv is such a time consumer, it’s an addiction. Now there are so many channels that at least one or other has something that can hold you. These days just have few Indian news channel and more than news they will keep you entertained. They will talk about gods, show eerie stunts, gossip on movies and actors, sell things, presents thrillers, bring personal issues of people like a family feud among so many others. I wasted quite some time before tv. I just came to my room after watching a dance program judged by a so-called celebrity who seems to get eczema if she wears clothes below her thigh. Preferring is one thing but its an obsession may be she needs some air for her private parts to breathe as well. Unfortunately she does not even arouse any sensuous desire either and this marketing stunt of her has failed, at least for me.
So, for those hard workers who desperately need some work, I might have invited jealousy. I watched TV munching that ‘Kurkure’ another addiction of mine, read a book and spent the whole day tittering with my parents. Sibling got no holiday, poor brother!!!
Buwa’s desire to strain his eyes over the same news sent me back to my room to itch my brain to get something.
I woke up rather early today. When the alarm rang at 5:00 I had taken bath and had repeatedly chanted the mantras given to me by family pundit to appease the angry stars. As I sat for tea the clouds looked heavy but not black. I cannot remember if I saw a sun yesterday and today I thought I won’t be able to see one. So under the thick heavy cloud appearing like beard of Santa Clause I sat with my laptop for reading. The doomsayers have now screwed their brain and it’s been active like never before. They have stories of idols which cried and cracked when the first president of the country was sworn in yesterday. The president of the recently acclaimed ‘pain-in-the-butt’ party stayed away from the whole program. The vice-president of the country took oath in Hindi. Doomsayers have taken that as a premonition of loss of pride. I wonder what the prides are. These self claimed patriots give me real headache, so do the parties. The headaches are worse when people come blind folded in defense of their parties. Parties with no policies, no honor and no principles. In India the leftist left the ruling UPA government because the nuclear deal with the imperialist (their term) United States was against their party’s policy. They saw it as falling in knees with swords drawn deep into their sheath in curtsy.(Do not frown at the mention of India bringing forth the whole incidents of flashing bundles of bills in the assembly. I have only picked an example.) But here political parties’ policies are changing with days. Though not a management student I know strategies do not change for business be that political, social or the business in its true essence. Here they have no strategy. When the strategy of a party is not for a single term reign in the government but for a long run to have a grip, only then the party can be successful. Stability is the demand of time not a government that will very soon start gasping for breath. I feel like vomiting when choice of hands to be clasped with, changes every fort-night in our country.
The mobs, protests are back in street, the ashes of charred tires will greet me tomorrow if it didn’t rain heavily. I will neglect the ashes as a regular view or may be assume the street has been painted with henna like the kids in my house made different impression of henna on their palm today after somebody told them one must paint their palms in the month of Shrawan.

No comments: