Sunday, July 6, 2008

I admit I am boring


Nothing to do yet another day. Read blogs one after another. Randomly picked one, checked his/her blog rolls and again randomly picked other. Luckily I haven’t found any blog which suggested the blogger lives an interesting life. On one in which the blogger said he had never thought about buying house because he never thought he would earn enough to afford a house but then he bought one which he says is a concrete piece. I kind of envied him. He is between 26-30 and he could afford to buy a house. Must have had invested a minimum 25 lakhs or so. I bang here and there in the World Wide Web, getting jealous at times, feeling funny on some and with an uncanny awe at others. I behave as if I were a drunkard walking in a sleeping road in nights, tipsy and with no intention of doing whatever I do. At least I must do something to pass lazy days.
My brain is fighting lethargy and no thoughts are springing anywhere. There must be so many people like myself whose journey is equally randomized by boredom. I have come across posts that are nothing than stuffs like I ate pizza yesterday and yet it brings in so many comments. When I used to write earlier I wrote for myself. I was an introvert and they were private properties labeled ‘trespassers not allowed’ but then i lost the fear of someone peeping into my life, my attitudes, my thoughts. No one can invade my things unless I want it that way and there I started publishing some content in the web. They have always given me kind of satisfaction. Gone are the days when I didn’t want intruders, those I considered are guests now.
Today while finding more than fifteen comments in one of the silliest post (may be not sillier than mine), I wondered is it the cost one pays for bringing others to their post, or it a gesture of interest and care. Then this is all a virtual world, at the end of the day its physical help that matters. For a drowning man the tears of bystanders does no good unless he jumps into the water to save him. But I do not assume that there are people who expect their virtual pals to be holding their hand when they are sobbing upon failures. They acknowledge the “virtuality” of the virtual world.
The first thing I do when I switch on my computer in office is open my blog page and keep it open unless its time to shut down the computer. Today when I visited my page at 9:30 I saw my counter saying till date 539 visits have been made to my blog obviously most of them by me. When I saw a blog whose counter suggested I was the 28856th visitor I was surprised. It was 1:34 and my blog page’s counter had slept at 539 but again that is obvious. The blog page does not refresh itself until I manually choose to do so. Then out of curiosity I wanted to see how many people had come to my blog between 9:30 to 1:34. Rare people read my blogs; most of my friends find my things boring and the most importantly they are busy people and have no time loitering around. This was just a curiosity and they would not affect my writings in any ways. When I refreshed, which is equivalent to visiting the page again I was the 540th visitor and that means in between 9:30 to 1:34 no one had visited my page. Ok I admit I am boring.

No comments: