Thursday, July 10, 2008

From the window in the fourth floor


Relishing on the cool breeze that seemed like a well wisher, a soul mate who had escaped the firewall to bring in some news from well wisher, I watched the expanse field where the maize leaves were dancing as the day slowly disappeared under the curtain of evening. After three meetings and rushes to prepare report, I could manage to steal a time to retrospect events that transpired. When lazy gets lazy of laziness he starts enjoying work, may be that could be the reason behind my contented mood. I have got to do some studies for another meeting early in the morning tomorrow but have no internet connection as I sat here, so gave me a good reason to sit for jotting whatever that comes to me.
Upon a friend request I posted a write-up in a site, for someone who is not accustomed to getting comments the two comments were quite a change. Just before I read the comments I had received an email from a school mate who thought I wrote well. I had given her the link of my blogs and there she assuring me to visit my blog. Writing has always been a good friend the only change is I can post it thanks to the technology. On my email I wrote to my friend, responses are unbiased if they come from some stranger when it comes from someone who has known you personally, the responses are destined to be biased.
I am not being modest who should I be modest to? I always considered whatever I wrote without head and tail and the comments I received today confirmed my assumptions. I do not regret what I like, I write what it comes, and there have never been attempts to guide my writings in one particular direction. When a subject is given I can never write, in fact I never write articles, I write journals. I wander in the premises of my thoughts, perceptions and convictions. Try to evaluate like a child why something is happening the way it is happening. Unlike a child I do not have someone to ask because I have reached an age where I should seek my own answers. My writings are my confusions.
I try to locate from where a sound is coming. They call this hullabaloo musical event, a singer whose name ends in ‘Singh’ is screeching and the frenzied people are shouting. It is more a chaos than music. Pop concerts are usually similar to what I was hearing but the singer has one of the most shrilled voices. They have become singer on their own money killing the soul of music.
My eyes revisit the expanse green field. A stooped woman is seen among the maize plants. I would have taken her as a scarecrow had her body been straight. I have never seen stooping scarecrow anywhere. She was slowly breaking the corn from its plant. She was in no hurry as if she had borrowed an entire age just to pluck the corn. But her slow actions were result of her age. It was not any attempt to do things comfortably it was just effort to hurt herself less. I thought how fast and energetic she must have been during her youth. From the fourth floor I couldn’t see her face but her grey hair was trying to give hint of her age. Even the hair of the corn seemed to be teasing her grey hair with arrogance. She had nothing to prove at this age, her life has the same fate as the fate of the aging day. I was watching her and she was busy plucking the corn. I was lost within myself until a stronger whiff of air blew a page in a table and with it fell pen which woke me up to the real earth. Just then there was uproar in the concert. The same singer was bleating and the crowd had gone berserk. I was only irritated.
I was standing among papers when I woke up from my reveries. The air had brought many papers on the floor. This was not my cabin, I had only come here to visit a colleague who was not in his chair. A greed for a cool breeze had made me open the window. The properly stocked papers were in mess and I knew I was in a serious trouble if my colleague saw this. I gathered all the papers, tried to give their stocking the order. I could only manage to collect all the papers and placed them on the table and punished them by placing the paper weight over them for flying in mesh. My colleague came and displaying a presence of mind, I reproached him for leaving the windows open. He must had left lot earlier, he only said the air was not strong when he opened the window. I smiled at myself and thanked his forgetfulness. It was actually me who had opened the window. I felt quite proud for how I protected myself. When I left the cabin my colleague was busy sorting the papers.

1 comment:

david santos said...

I loved this post and this blog.
Appy day.