Friday, June 6, 2008

A moment of pride

Today Sarita went to chabahil to fetch some grocery. Sarita is our 12 years old maid. Apart from going to groceries in the neighborhood she had never gone to Chabahil (15 minutes walk) on her own. All of the family lauded her small feat and she was really very amused. She has been in the cloud throughout the morning. I even gave her two rupees coin and that made her feel that she had done something really great. It was nice to see her behave as if he had just reached Everest highest point. The zeal was clearly visible in her proud voice.
While I was coming to office, she reminded me that it was Friday and I knew what she meant. Fridays I usually carry Kurkure to home but today she surprised me by asking for a chewing gum.....................

No comments: