Friday, August 8, 2008

Think,think, think

To think is not our need but thinking is most of us are doing most of the time. My ‘us’ implicates those who have free time, who can stare at the ceiling lying at the bed and wonder the nothingness, the vacuum, may be the confused ones. Then why are we confused probably because we think too much too unnecessarily. When there are many options one has to evaluate them, evaluate them under so many conditions real conditions and hypothetical ones, and that is where we think again. My thoughts are usually futile but it does not mean I cannot think anything fruitful. It only means I cannot make myself think fruitful things most of the time. Now what are fruitful things, again one has to think about it. Go to your boss asking if something has been decided he says he is thinking, ask your friend if he is willing to go for a movie this weekend and the reply will be ‘let me think’. But if we didn’t think why would we have this thing called head the most protective part of human body. If we didn’t need to think why the Mother Nature would put head above our neck. The head is again the most important and complex structure, every thing we do consciously and unconsciously is there in the head. It’s the thought center.
So many things provoke us and we are thinking. Crowd makes us think why there are so many us and loneliness makes us think why are we alone? Think, think and think. If it rained I will think why did it rain and if it’s a sunny day I will think why it didn’t rain. Do we think because there are too many options, too many possibilities, or we think just because we have a head? We pain ourselves thinking what is love, what is life, how will the world be if this had been thus and so on. When we start thinking little too much that is the process of growing up. When we see the confusions too much that it should have been we become matured. Most of us think so that we could affect the outcome influence it to be better or worse. If there is something called destiny like every thing is planned kind of thing does our preferring one way over other influence what we get.
I ran into this thought while I was thinking. I thought why did we think? Just for no reason or just because I had time to be silly, time to think. Many times I am engrossed in thoughts till I have a headache and that is not what I expect. I already think I have thought too much for this day. I think I should stop here.

1 comment:

Keshi said...

cos we humans r built to think...and yes I think too much :(

Keshi.