Saturday, December 28, 2013

Weather and my mood

I left my bed late today not because it was cold because when you are inside the comfort of your room tucked in warm clothes how would you know if the weather is cold or warm. I lied on the bed because sleep had left me early. It has been leaving early for past few days. Though it had not had impact on my mood on other day, I woke up tired today. After coming out of the bed I realized the weather was quite in harmony with my mood. The somberness in my mood had painted the weather in gloom and vice versa, though I do not claim to have such a power over nature.
When greeted by the fog I wondered what the pigeon which was very reluctant to leave a path for my scotty yesterday, just to feel the sun, was doing today. I am sure it is not in its nest lying lazily as I. It must have been pecking things somewhere near Pashupati, gram seeds, maize among others. It cannot afford to be lazy unlike me who was hidden foot to head in the blanket. I also thought about the Himalayas that seemed to have been painted crimson yesterday thanks to the Sun who had risen early. Then I remembered the girl pulling the sleeves of her sweater to hide her fingers, she seemed like a secret agent only eyes visible to be vigilant. Probably her college is off today as it is a weekend. I soon found myself on the terrace amazed that the villages in Gothatar not visible not even the runway very clear. Were they my thoughts, do they really exists? Many times inside this bowl of valley I doubt if there is world outside the hills. I answer myself, there is of course the world outside these hills I have been to that world not very far away but far enough to prove the world exists behind these mighty hills. I would also think there must be something inside the clouds. I thought heaven existed inside later somebody had told me heaven is inside the earth though I couldn’t fathom it.
When I was flying for the first time out of curiosity I had tried to look about the sky as my plane got inside the clouds but my attempts were futile, even the stretched distance provided me no hints. Then why would nature allow me to see its mystery if there really was any.

The sun and the thick clouds were fighting throughout the early day. I was trying to feel good by thinking good to pacify my irate mood. Neither the Sun nor I was successful in our attempts. Little later the Sun was smiling amid the clouds as the earth celebrated its glimpse but my mood was still hesitant to reconcile with my intention. Little sleep and silly dreams had strained my eyes. I was soon found with a book turning pages but grasping nothing.  Late I was able to reconcile to an extent with my mood but by that time the sun was dim, low and intimidated by the clouds which seemed much stronger.

No comments: