Monday, December 30, 2013

Keep sipping........

As the heat of the tea was trying to get away from the cup, I was trying to warm my hands. The winter has been more trying this year, perhaps it was similar last year as well but who has time to remember the mercury levels. Nothing significant had happened last winter to make it worth remembering. The Sun was warm, the crows and pigeons had crowded the few trees in the premises of the temple where I was sipping tea. The tea usually tastes good at that place but today the Sun was the reason to bring me there. At a distant some women were busy sipping their tea, they must be the employees from the bank I thought. I couldn’t hear them speak but I could tell that one of them had better things to say or atleast she was speaking most of the time. I could say this from the movement of her hand. So many things were making rounds in my aching head but I enjoyed those movements of hands. I  was restless today and so were the hands, those hands restless out of excitement my out of headache. I didn’t know how the woman looked, I could have seen her but I didn’t want, her hands seemed to be dancing and I was enjoying it. I cannot remember when did I stop watching those hands or if the women left place, I was already running wild in my thoughts. The tea had become cold. I tried to get as much heat out of it by covering the entire cup with my hands, it was warm.
Yes the tea was good. It was not strong just fine, the way it should have been, the way I would have preferred and the way I have been most of the time. Some coffee had also been added, probably to make it tastier, there was a small lump of coffee that had not dissolved properly. I tried to dissolve it by stirring the tea (or coffee). It dissolved but not properly leaving a part of the surface of tea tainted. I thought that taint was my headache. I took a gulp of the tea, I wish I could add sugar. I wanted to add sugar today into the day, my day. One of the birds tried to stretch its wings but closed it back fast. I could see it shake perhaps it was very cold for it as well.

The tea was fine inside its cup, I was fine in that isolation no desire to be with my colleagues. I didn’t want to speak, the tea looked sad. I didn’t remember the last sip but this sip was tasteless, spoiled my taste buds. I had paid for it, I swallowed it as if it was some insipid medicine. Life was similar, cannot spit because its not tasteful. A whiff of air tried to shake me up. Very little tea was remaining, I gulped it in one go. There was sugar at the bottom, I tried to drink every drop. The Sun was in its full glare, the life will be back, there is sugar at the bottom, one has to just keep sipping.

No comments: