Tuesday, December 24, 2013

A morning walk

Sleep is such a mystery. When I was waking up early, I was hallucinated to believe I was back in school fearing for the assignments. As I was trying to come to consciousness I was confused at the state of mind, something not right. I realized schools and colleges were past and it was just yesterday I was working in office somewhere deep down convinced I was among few lucky of my generation to be in possession of a good job, but it was all taken for granted. Soon I was full awake with all my prejudices and stereotypes, an individual programmed to be autonomous when awake. It was early morning just half past four and I was in hold of the mood to visit the mighty world, silent and in rest early morning. Walking alone also gives time for introspection and there I was on the endless road talking to myself. At moments I would feel very energetic and jump down the stone stairs on my way to the serpent god, the Pashupatinath from Guheshwari. I could realize the more I pushed the flat stones the more they pushed me back. I remembered Newton and back again it was either school/college. Soon that was broken by guffaw of a sadhu sipping his tea and laughing to a fellow human that it was very cold today. He was barely half-clothed, his hair reminding Bob Marley but this Bob Marley was not consoling a woman not to cry but he was mocking the very thing that had made me clad layers of clothes one after another. I was a while also thinking of my family now I was thinking if detachment really brings bliss and if misery really lies in indulgence. I remembered Gita the Bhagvad Gita which I read/heard time after time just ending up being critical halfway and stopping there upon. As I descended to Pashupati, a pyre of human body on the bank of ailing Bagmati, it was laughing at me. It seemed to say, walk as much as you want ultimately you'll end up here and this is how I shall burn you as well. This is how I shall burn your arrogance, your prejudices, your knowledge. Knowledge as well, I was perturbed. Yes indeed, knowledge is only what a majority accepts as true and time and again generations have falsified the so called knowledge of their previous generations. The men that stood beside the pyre were all solemn more worried that they shall be here as well. I was returning home and the closer I came to home closer I was worried about the day, meetings, work, students, family. 

No comments: