Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Thinking whenever, wherever

The golden moon was in its fullest glare on the canvas of the sky cushioned over the cotton looking clouds. In the day itself I had realized the temperature had dropped in the city and the winter was somewhere close by. I find travelling along the city forcing itself to stay awake in the neon light from early evening very fascinating. The day had been very tiresome and I could feel the aches in my muscles and a desperate desire to have some rest but sitting by the side of the window of the bus overlooking the moon took away all my tiredness. I didn’t require looking at the watch because from the chilly hint I had got in the day heralding the winter, I was sure that the clock had not stroke 7:00. With winter the days are shorter and from last few days I had realized that I had to switch on the lights early. As the bus slid in the road of the busy city preparing itself for the Dashain, the moon followed us or may be the bus was following the moon. I knew the city was inside the mist of the incomprehensible sounds of the people. When one speaks the other can understand what he/she is talking but when so many people speak the meaning is lost and the words become mere noise. The city was not quiet in the evening but noisier and in hurry. Paces of people longer than normal, their bags holding groceries, vegetables, cloths and so on. I watched a college girl who sat in the seat just before me and who moved her head almost like a sparrow incessantly, I saw she had placed her sweater roughly folded over her shoulder. Sweater was another hint that the winter had already made its presence felt. In spite of the mark on its face the moon still looked beautiful, and as thoughts started simmering inside my head the world that spread across me slept in silence, the men vanished. The silhouettes of buildings, few trees remained somehow as the cool breeze patted my cheek as if it were healing me from the tiredness I had collected during the process of survival of the day.
The inauguration of the website of the office that I had developed had gone well in spite of the trouble with database. The problem identified had already made my next day busy amid commitment to friends to have a meet. The part of year when I become busier than usual has come and this will last for few months. There will be so many things to be taken care of all at a once. Had it been possible to do these works throughout the year, passing time in office would not have been an ordeal. The works that need immediate concerns would not queue up but will jumble up all at once. It will give me a pride postponing personal interests, meetings citing business and pending work. It will make me appear important which I would not otherwise acknowledge. I didn’t know how the moon guessed what I was thinking and it smiled at me out of mockery and I blushed. There is nothing is regret though, what I felt could have been childish and I am proud that I am still childish. During the inauguration program I chatted with colleagues laughed with them made fun shared jokes which were hard to remember. The moon reminded me that my laughter was louder, I had talked most of the time and even that was part of my attempt to drag attention toward me though I don’t know for what. I am not going identity crisis however. After the inauguration when many colleagues of mine came to me congratulating me, wowing what I had done and how it was really something new I felt elated wanted to hop around like a child out of excitement. All of a sudden the feeling of ‘my’ work had taken its toll over me, I have been arrogant at times but I knew that was not arrogance, just an excitement behind the ‘my’ mania.
When the bus rolled around the ‘Ranipokhari’ (the huge pond in the heart of the city) I watched how fast the metal fence moved, I could see them individually through the speed of my bus. The top of the fence pointed and painted yellow. As I looked at the city through the yellow top of the fence the shops that lay on the other side of the pond looked yellowish almost like the moon in the sky.
A sudden jerk of the bus woke me up from my fantasies. The bus was already packed and the conductor was trying to make place for more people. I felt the bag that lay in my lap carrying a projector of my office. I could have left the projector in the venue itself and had it delivered the other day but to show the projector to the children at home excited me. I doubted if my mother had seen something like it (though she has been to movies more than myself she has never wondered how they show movies in those huge curtain). I was thrilled when I imagined the excitement, awe and happiness in the faces of children when I will show them a movie through the projector. I took a sigh and at next stop I got down, fifteen minutes later I was at home.

8 comments:

Keshi said...

Ur 'projecting' excitement thru this post, which is a result of ur hard work and dedication. Wonderful and well done!

Keshi.

restless_soul said...

Thankyou Keshi. I want to believe what you wrote.

Keshi said...

guess wut..Im bak already :) tnxx to all of u!

Keshi.

Keshi said...

busy boy ;-)

Keshi.

Keshi said...

I know ur busy but came by to say I miss ya!

Keshi.

Macadamia The Nut said...

I saw through your eyes today.. Beautiful! And you are too, inside. At least,thats what I think

cyclopseven said...

You write well. Able bring to life the entire flow. Thanks for sharing.

Keshi said...

and how r we today? ty for dropping by to say Hi :)

Keshi.